I suggest you ...

Integrate a virtual whiteboard into a tab for the StudyPad.

This would allow OS to be leveraged very nicely as a tool for Office Hours and review sessions. It is hard to think of an area that would not use this ability to create a higher level of interaction (chem equations, math problems, physics diagrams, grammar structures, philosophy paradigm diagrams).

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Benjamin SkipperBenjamin Skipper shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

We’ve been mulling this issue over for a while, but there’s still no clear path. We’d like to have whiteboarding functionality on the pad, but haven’t had time to work on it yet.

We may be offering an API for tool extensions in the near future, which could be used to implement the whiteboard.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I can help develop something, back in my younger days (15 years old) i developed an html5/php whiteboard with support of numerous clients. Flash is better suited though, and its very easy for any good php/actionscript developer and at that those are easy to learn.

• drattheratdrattherat commented  · 

This feature would be so helpful with diagrams and illustrations

• mugwump101mugwump101 commented  · 

Our Public Library has online tutoring using a whiteboard and it has made it soo much easier to write out mathematical equations using a whiteboard and showing steps that way.

• Robert MaxwellRobert Maxwell commented  · 

I agree. The last time I used the studypad, I wanted to draw sample chromosomes to help the student. We finished that discussion during the next class.

Feedback and Knowledge Base